Monday 25 March 2013

THE PROBLEM WITH THE HEALTH BILL



 PRESS RELEASE TO MARK THE 46TH ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL LAB SCIENTISTS OF NIGERIA LAGOS STATE                               BRANCH ON 13TH JUNE, 2011.
Gentlemen of the Press, We salute your enthusiasm in ensuring that a health bill that promotes professionalism and foster team work among all the multi-discipline and multi- professionals in the health sector is passed to ensure that Nigerians enjoy the optimum standard of care replica of that enjoyed by their counterpart in developed countries.
In Europe and America, the health team is a multi-professional team with clearly defined boundaries all working together as a team to offer a quality service to their patients.  We  want to spend more time educating the public and the politicians on the need for professionalism in the health sector as it obtains in advanced countries.
We want to use this opportunity to educate the public on the roles of the various professions in the health sector to solicit public support. We always put the patients first in all we say and do about the health Bill. Our position on the Health Bill is to  advocate for that which will enhance the service delivery to patients in all our discussion particularly in the media.  Our Association wish to inform or remind the public that the health bill does not foster the interest of the multi-professional team in the health sector. Our Association will support the need for Nigeria to implement a health bill replica of that practised in most developed countries where professionalism and team work is the watchword. To buttress our position, we  challenge the public to do a research from the internet and from their families and relations abroad. They will find out that hospitals in the developed economy are run by hospital administrators (experts in health management) who are not health professional and that the health team which is a multi-discipline/professional team only play advisory role as members of the Medical advisory committee in the management of hospitals and working hard and bringing their professional expertise to bare to ensure that the public gets a quality health service. We strongly need public support. Not just mere support but support borne out of taking an informed stand on this bill based on awareness and education
No doubt, the National Assembly has good intentions in articulating the bill to strengthen the health sector. However, the reverse will be the case should this bill be passed in its current form. In fact, the National Health Bill in its present state will do more harm than good since the bill in its present form does not to take into cognizance exiting professional regulatory laws and statues in the health industry in Nigeria. The bill, will not only conflict with the existing regulatory laws and statues, but will increase the crises in the health sector in Nigeria. Therefore, the victims of this crisis shall be the innocent patients, healthcare professionals and the larger society that visit and patronize our healthcare facilities.


Please note that section 1 of the bill: Establishment of National Health System.
  (1) There is hereby established for the Federation; the national health system, which shall define and provide a framework for standards and regulation of health services…..  – this provision has already disdained and prejudiced various relevant existing professional regulatory statues in the health sector.
(2) Section (1) (1) (d) reads as follows: “set out the rights and duties of health care providers, health workers, health establishments and users….” This sub-section is not only ambiguous and irrelevant, but it also conflicts with and turns a blind eye on the existing laws that established the National Council on Establishment whose functions and powers are by law to prescribe duties and responsibilities for all cadres of workers in the public service through their various schemes of service.

Recently, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan returned the National Assembly Service Commission Bill passed by the National Assembly based on the discovery that some clauses in the Bill are at variance with existing regulations. With this, we are convinced that President Jonathan is not a President that will give assent to a bill that is not in the overall interest of all Nigerians. The Health Bill must be similarly returned to the National Assemble for corrections in those clauses that are capable of causing chaos and disharmony  in Health Sector in Nigeria.

Thank you.


Alh Toyosi Raheem (MSc; FMLSCN; FAMLSN; Cert immunol.)
National 1st Vce President, AMLSN.

8 comments:

  1. RECENTLY CURED FROM HIV ..hello, i am very happy to inform you that i am finally cured from HIV virus with the use of herbal medicine, the herbal medicine cured me completely and i was tested negative after usege, i am using this means to inform other''s who have the virus that there is a cure for HIV. it is absolutley true, this is not a scam. i confirm it my self and i am a living withness to it. i was cured by Dr.Camala, only him i can recognise who cure hiv perfectly well the rest other doctor are scams . i will advice you to contact this great doctor who GOD sent to put an end to the sorrow life of HIV, his email is dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com WHATSAPP +2349055637784, he can also cure other disease as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Thank you Dr.Ogudugu for the great work you did for me when my lover broke my heart. Dr.Ogudugu was able to bring my lover that left for about 2 months back to me within 48 hours of me contact Dr.Ogudugu. Contact Dr.Ogudugu on greatogudugu@gmail.com or better still you can give Dr.Ogudugu a call onWhatsApp +27663492930 for a better understanding for what i just said about him..

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of msearching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com oney going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was or WhatApp: +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of msearching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com oney going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was or WhatApp: +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2347054263874.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I get back my Ex-lover contact Dr Ogala for urgent and fast love spell. I never believed in spell casting but After 6 years of dating my lover she broke up with me, I still imagine how Dr. Ogala brought my her back to me in just 48 hours. No one could have ever made me believe that there is a real spell caster that really works. Am Cherry By name, I want the world to no that there is a real online spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr. Ogala, He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my ex-lover who left me, When I contacted Dr. Ogala he cast a love spell for me my love who said she doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me that she will be more loveing and caring. today I am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the powers of bringing lovers back. because I am now happy with my lover, and the most surprising, is that our love is very strong, every day is happiness and joy. and there is nothing like been with the woman you love. I am so happy my love is back to me with the help of Dr. Ogala if you have similar problem or you want to fix your broken relationship, stop divorce, get your ex back, get your divorce wife or husband back, I will advise you to contact him ,he is there to help you and put a smile on your face ask he did to me and others. his email: (drogalad02@gmail.com .... His Hangout: (drogalaspells@gmail.com) WhatsApp/Call him +2347049668119 ..

    ReplyDelete