Wednesday 6 March 2013

HEALTH WORKERS IN NATIONAL HOSPITAL BEGIN WARNING STRIKE TODAY


Health workers at the National Hospital, Abuja on Tuesday embarked on a three-day warning strike to protest against the non-implementation of the revised condition of service.

The Chairman of the Senior Staff Association of the hospital, Mr Kilani Jelili, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the warning strike would start from eight in the morning to 12pm for three days.

NAN reported that the unions involved in the protest include the hospital’s senior staff association, National Association of Nurses and Midwives, as well as the Medical Health Workers Union.

Jelili said it was only in 2010 that a condition of service was approved for workers in the hospital but was yet to be implemented by the management. 

“It was presented to us that we now have a condition of service which was approved in 2010 February. But before that between 1993 and 2010, there was no condition of service.

“We agitated for it and we were given, But to our amazement the management just told us that on January 31, 2013 they could not implement the condition of service because there were grey areas.”

Confusion As Aggrieved Workers Shut Abuja National Hospital

Medical services at the National Hospital, Abuja were on Tuesday brought to a halt following protests by over 100 staff members over alleged non-implementation of the approved condition of service by the management and other issues.

The workers under the auspices of National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives, Medical and Health Workers’ Union of Nigeria and Senior Staff Association of Universities, Teaching Hospitals, Research Institutes and Associated Institutions, brought the hospital to a standstill from 8am and noon.

The aggrieved workers also accused the hospital’s Director of Administration, Mr. James Odiba, of staying in office beyond the 35 years stipulated by the civil service rule.

They also showed journalists details of a 21-day notice of action issued to the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. B. B. Shehu, on January 17, 2013, indicating that they would commence indefinite industrial action.

They said Tuesday’s action marked the commencement of a three-day preliminary warning strike.

In the letter to the hospital management, the workers said, “Please recall our incessant complaints about the disregard and the non-implementation of the National Hospital’s condition of service document as approved by the Head of Civil Service of the Federation in the year 2010.

“The continuous disregard for public service rules, schemes of service of other health professionals as well as the setting aside of our approved condition of service by the management team of the National Hospital has been a source of serious concern to our members.

“It is noteworthy to state that the report of the committee on re-appraisal of staff appointment and provision of standard condition of service for National Hospital Abuja, section VII, page 7 states that ‘management of the hospital should obtain schemes of service of similar hospitals and set up an in-house committee to work out the details, which should be submitted for consideration by the office of the Head of Service of the Federation.”

6 comments:

  1. RECENTLY CURED FROM HIV ..hello, i am very happy to inform you that i am finally cured from HIV virus with the use of herbal medicine, the herbal medicine cured me completely and i was tested negative after usege, i am using this means to inform other''s who have the virus that there is a cure for HIV. it is absolutley true, this is not a scam. i confirm it my self and i am a living withness to it. i was cured by Dr.Camala, only him i can recognise who cure hiv perfectly well the rest other doctor are scams . i will advice you to contact this great doctor who GOD sent to put an end to the sorrow life of HIV, his email is dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com WHATSAPP +2349055637784, he can also cure other disease as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of msearching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com oney going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was or WhatApp: +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    https://touchofhealthmedical.com/orthopedics/knees-pain/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Non Medical Home Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job here on _______ I read a lot of blog posts, but I never heard a topic like this. I Love this topic you made about the blogger's bucket list. Very resourceful. prospect medical holdings

    ReplyDelete