Friday 1 March 2013

CLIMATE CHANGE AND HEALTH; AFRICA FOCUS



In the last decade, the world has come to pay more attention to climate change since the consequences of years of ecological abuse have begun to have telling effect on global system, it is exigent to examine the weakest link(s) in that same system.
Africa remains the weakest link in the global interplay with age long issues of in-adequate infrastructure e.g in health, housing and agricultural sectors, and lingering prevalence. Climate change resulting from alterations in world eco-system even though aggravated by developed economics with their massive emission of gases from oil exploration, vehicular generation and industrial actions, has become greater problem for Africa even though the region generates the least amount of carbon.

Health, which is the focus of this evaluation, has borne a major brawl of this global cataclysm. The continent with its frail socio-economic structure has suffered immensely. A WHO organized global synthesis workshop of the world conservation forum, in Bangkok- Thailand (2004) reveals that climate change constitute a 25% burden of disease globally and up to 35% of disease burden in vary poor regions such as sub-Sahara Africa.
In the specified region, there is an escalation of drought in the most avid areas and an increase in floods. This ensures that portable drinking water becomes more difficult to procure. Most inhabitants may therefore cast of desperation of resort to drinking from un-safe sources. As a consequence, diarrhea cases have dramatically increased; with reports showing deaths up to 1.7million annually.Deforestration is one of the most prevalent actions in the continent of Africa, which results in climate alterations. This is mostly the destruction or removal of natural plant cover for agricultural purposes, the falling of trees for construction purpose, the clearing of huge land expanses for industrial space or housing. Since 60% of the constituents of Africa rely on wood as a source of fuel, this has become highly detrimental to the natural ecosystem and impacting on malaria transmission as well as other vector borne diseases.
The association between ecology or environment and health may not always be a linear cause and effect. This however does not depict a viable connection between the two variables.
Current agricultural practices involving the use of toxic agro chemicals have worsen issues of climate change and research as seen in the poorest regions of Africa, this result in the death of about 800,000 individuals annually. Aside other contributive factors, those shown here concur with a general view that climate change has and will continue to have dire consequences on the health of the populace of Africa.
In this regards therefore, intensive mitigation action has to be pooled especially from the economically advantaged countries which indirectly or directly promote climate change. The most vulnerable countries understandably adaption is very variable but direct mitigation exercise will yield more immediate re-action in order to avoid the continued proliferation of climate change.
Developed nations must grant more assistance to the least developed countries in Africa. This may include plans to meet the cost of adaptation to the negative effects of climate change particularly on health. It may also involve re-education and re-orientation programs.

5 comments:

  1. RECENTLY CURED FROM HIV ..hello, i am very happy to inform you that i am finally cured from HIV virus with the use of herbal medicine, the herbal medicine cured me completely and i was tested negative after usege, i am using this means to inform other''s who have the virus that there is a cure for HIV. it is absolutley true, this is not a scam. i confirm it my self and i am a living withness to it. i was cured by Dr.Camala, only him i can recognise who cure hiv perfectly well the rest other doctor are scams . i will advice you to contact this great doctor who GOD sent to put an end to the sorrow life of HIV, his email is dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com WHATSAPP +2349055637784, he can also cure other disease as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHER HOOD TODAY AND LIVE A BETTER AND HAPPY LIFE. WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF RICHES,FAME AND POWERS. Are you a business,Man or woman, politician, musician,pastor,lawyer,actor,actress,banker, and you. want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Great ILLUMINATI brother hood. With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish, if you really want to be a member of the great ILLUMINATI brother hood, Note: newly recruited members are entitled with 3,000000 USD Dollars , A Golden Ring, that will protect and guild you from enemies, and a free visa to United State Of America . Please will do not share blood. Kindly call dr benson on +2348122788583 or email us on drbenson666@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day every one i want to inform the public on how i get cured of HIV/AIDS by a Doctor called OBUDU . i visited different hospital but they gave me list of expensive drugs to treat the symptoms and never cured me. A closed friend of mine introduce me to a Herbal Doctor who cured her. I was scared to contact him but i faund people testimony online testifying about his goodness. when i contacted him i asked him series of questions, i also ask him to show me his herbal certificate and license given to him by his Government he gave all the information i needed that gave me hope. He send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me. am now HIV negative. God bless you for being a sincere and great men. Am so excited, you can contact him if you have any problem whats-app +2347035974895.or contact him on email(OBUDU.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM)
    And he can also cure the following diseases
    1) HERPES
    2) HPV
    4) HEPATITIS
    5) ALS
    6) BLOOD CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I get back my Ex-lover contact Dr Ogala for urgent and fast love spell. I never believed in spell casting but After 6 years of dating my lover she broke up with me, I still imagine how Dr. Ogala brought my her back to me in just 48 hours. No one could have ever made me believe that there is a real spell caster that really works. Am Cherry By name, I want the world to no that there is a real online spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr. Ogala, He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my ex-lover who left me, When I contacted Dr. Ogala he cast a love spell for me my love who said she doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me that she will be more loveing and caring. today I am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the powers of bringing lovers back. because I am now happy with my lover, and the most surprising, is that our love is very strong, every day is happiness and joy. and there is nothing like been with the woman you love. I am so happy my love is back to me with the help of Dr. Ogala if you have similar problem or you want to fix your broken relationship, stop divorce, get your ex back, get your divorce wife or husband back, I will advise you to contact him ,he is there to help you and put a smile on your face ask he did to me and others. his email: (drogalad02@gmail.com .... His Hangout: (drogalaspells@gmail.com) WhatsApp/Call him +2347049668119 ..

    ReplyDelete